Oil analysis lubricants for forming oils
Oil analysis lubricants for forming oils Metal forming: fluids cool, lubricate and protect your expensive manufacturing equipment during stamping, drawing, rolling, heading and other common metal forming processes.
Whether you are producing auto body panels, office furniture, nuts, bolts, heat exchangers or tubes, metal forming fluids offer excellent lubrication and corrosion protection to increase tool life and improve your surface finish.
Choose from a wide range of helios lubeoil and Houghton products specifically formulated for stainless steel, steel, aluminium, copper, brass, zinc, nickel, and galvanized steel. The line includes products suited for all applications, including heavy-duty drawing, stamping, fine blanking and forming operations. There are more forming fluid products available.
lubricant consultation and orders at helios lubeoil®
Knowledge of the condition and predictive maintenance, as well as failure analysis and damage monitoring with helios lubeoil oil analysis.
Product expertise, application experience.We offer a wide range of forming oil and forming fluids in our online store.
- Cindol™ 4625 straight oil lubricant is ideal for aluminum rod breakdown. ND addtiv technology.
- Drawsol™ 850 is a heavy-duty straight oil lubricant that ideal for difficult steel and stainless steel operations.
- Drawsol™ 850 X2 is a heavy-duty straight oil drawing and stamping lube that maintains high viscosity under high loads.
- Houghto-Draw® 404 is a chlorinated straight oil lubricant of medium viscosity ... ideal for high-speed processes where excessive heat is generated.
- Houghto-Draw® 7094-L is a non-chlorinated oil that allows excellent manipulation for fine blanking operations
- Drawsol™ WM 950 is a water-soluble oil lubricant...deep and shallow drawing on heavy-gauge steel and tough alloys, and is ideally suited for progressive die operations.Drawsol WM 950 leaves virtually no gummy residue, which makes it easy to remove from parts prior to subsequent processing. It contains chlorine and ester to provide both EP and lubricity.
- Drawsol™ WM 990 performs well in medium-duty metal forming, including traditional stamping operations...for facilities that need to weld with little or no smoke and no staining. It maintains excellent hard water stability and a milky white emulsion appearance.
- Drawsol™ WM 2800 High-viscosity, water-soluble ... provides an excellent choice for progressive die operations. It handles both deep and shallow drawing on heavy-gauge steel and alloys.
- Houghto-Draw® 7002 is a versatile water-soluble oil drawing compound that provides excellent drawing capabilities.This non-chlorinated, sulfur-free formula produces exceptional results on ferrous and non-ferrous metals, particularly aluminum.
- Houghto-Draw® 7060 is a biostable, water-soluble, heavy-duty drawing and stamping lubricant. The biostable technology provides heavy-duty stamping capabilities for all metals.
- Houghto-Draw® 7079R is a versatile, water-soluble oil, extreme-pressure lubricant. This emulsifiable lubricant can handle heavy-duty work previously limited to straight petroleum oils. It can be used for both metal forming and machining by adjusting concentration levels. Use it for severe, high-speed forming and machining on tough ferrous alloys.
- Drawsol™ WM 110 is a synthetic metal forming lubricant that eliminates corrosion problems associated with chorine-based lubes. Use on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals for drawing, blanking, and forming operations. Its unique drawing formula minimizes the formation of smoke. The product can be used as is or diluted with water. It provides a protective film for indoor storage and is easily cleaned with no sticking or gumming.
- Drawsol™ WM 4740 is a highly versatile synthetic metal forming lubricant that is suited for very difficult metal forming operations. This heavy-duty lubricant contains select additives that make it an excellent option for deep draws. Easily remove residue with alkaline cleaners, and use this product on virtually every metal including steel, stainless steel and aluminum alloys.
- Houghto-Draw® 756-A is a synthetic metal forming lubricant that provides deep drawing capabilities for carbon, stainless steel, aluminum, copper and brass. It is also used in cold heading and cold forging operations. Water-dilutable Houghto-Draw 756-A contains no petroleum and shows excellent lubricity. Its heavy, colloidal pigment provides a more complete layer of product between the work piece and the die. Houghto-Draw 756-A reduces scratching and will not stain.
- Houghto-Draw® V-2000 Vegetable-based, water-dilutable drawing compound Houghto-Draw® V-2000 handles most drawing and forming operations on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals. It contains no chlorine, phosphorus or sulfur additives and has superior lubricating properties. Houghto-Draw V-2000 is ideal when used as a blank washer solution in automotive body panel stamping operations.
Metal forming applications when no oil film is permissible. Removes residual coating from parts requiring complete removal of film.
- Hydrodraw™ 510 lubricant is a water-soluble and transparent pressure medium used for internal and external high-pressure hydroforming. This fluid is used to machine parts and for technical processes requiring the highest lubrication and pressure absorbability.
- Hydrodraw™ 551 forming compound is a high-lubricity water-based drawing compound used for tube bending, drawing and stamping operations. The dripless gel formula is chlorine- and sulfur-free and is useful when metal surfaces must be free from chemical contamination. Heavy-duty Hydrodraw 551 can be used on ferrous and stainless steel, aluminum, copper and brass.
Hydrodraw™ 625 external hydroforming lubricant leaves a strong, dry film to enable metal flow in high-pressure hydroforming applications. Its dry residue also performs well for ram swagging, stretch forming and deep drawing. Hydrodraw 625 is used in process or as a pre-coating on a tube or sheet stock.
- Hydrodraw™ 689 Pourable paste Hydrodraw™ 689 hydroforming lubricant is used for moderate- to heavy-duty hydroforming applications, providing high lubricity and film strength. It aids in forming parts such as engine cradles, side rails, radiator supports and cross members, as well as ram swaging, stretch forming and deep drawing. Hydrodraw 689 is used for ferrous and non-ferrous processes and is non-staining to galvanized metals and aluminum and copper alloys.
- Hydrodraw™ 699 hydroforming gel is used in multiple drawing and hydroforming operations. This smooth, opaque gel has a low odor and excellent corrosion-inhibiting properties when used on ferrous alloys. Hydrodraw 699 can replace messy pastes in stretch draw applications. This solvent-free lubricant emits no fumes nor does it present a fire hazard from vapors. It eliminates staining or corrosion problems associated with chlorine-based lubricants.
- Hydrodraw™ 4372 synthetic hydroforming lubricant meets the demands of the internal water hydraulic systems of high-pressure hydroforming processes. Its formulation also serves as an interior and exterior lubricant for low-pressure and pressure sequence hydroforming. Water-dilutable Hydrodraw 4372 forms a clear emulsion when mixed with water and rejects oil rapidly. Contaminants such as tramp oil and external part lubricants can be removed effectively by methods such as settling, skimming, coalescing, laminar separation and filtering.
Aluminum Wire Drawing:
- Cindol™ 4601 is a light-viscosity lubricant used in non-ferrous metal forming. It provides outstanding results in stamping light-gauge aluminum for radiation and cooling fins and produces excellent fine aluminum and copper wire.Compared to conventional wire drawing lubricants, Cindol 4601 produces brighter wire, permits faster drawing speeds, runs dies cooler and reduces pick-up in the die.Lubrication additive ND in Cindol 4601 lowers the coefficient of friction of steel to aluminum and aluminum to aluminum.
- Cindol™ 4602 is a light-viscosity lubricant used in non-ferrous metal forming. It provides outstanding results in stamping light-gauge aluminum for radiation and cooling fins and produces excellent fine aluminum and copper wire. Compared to conventional wire drawing lubricants, Cindol 4602 produces brighter wire, permits faster drawing speeds, runs dies cooler and reduces pick-up in the die.
- Cindol™ 4641 is a highly concentrated metal forming additive for use on ferrous, copper and aluminum alloys. It is used straight where heavy loads are generated or cut with mineral oil for lighter loads. It reinforces other straight Cindol products when necessary. Cindol 4641 gives improved results in general lubrication, forming and machining operations. It contains lubrication additive ND, which drastically lowers the coefficient of friction of steel to aluminum and aluminum to aluminum.
- Cindol™ 4683 is a unique lubricant for drawing and forming aluminum. It is effective for difficult non-ferrous stamping and forming operations, as well as for rod breakdown drawing of aluminum wire. Cindol 4683 contains ND additive which lowers the coefficient of friction of steel to aluminum and aluminum to aluminum. Cindol 4683 permits faster drawing speeds, brighter wire, cooler running dies and reduced build-up on dies when used for wire drawing.
- Cindol™ 4687-R is a specialized lubricant for drawing and forming difficult aluminum alloys such as 5056, 5052, 6201, etc. Cindol 4687-R contains ND additive which dramatically lowers the coefficient of friction of steel to aluminum, aluminum to aluminum and other metals. Cindol 4687-R is inhibited with an antioxidant which extends its life. When used for wire drawing, the advantages of Cindol 4687-R over conventional lubricants include brighter wire, faster drawing speeds, cooler running dies, reduction of build-up on dies, faster settling of fines, enhanced filtration and longer lubricant sump life.
Copper Wire Drawing:
- Drawsol™ WDC 20 is a soft paste designed to produce severe reductions in diameter when drawing round, carbon steel wire. It also can be used for press forming operations where hold-back is not required. It contains high film-strength agents and a unique solid film lubricant. This combination allows reductions of 45% or more and results in a bright, shiny finish on the wire. It normally reduces temperatures when used in a draw box. Cooler temperatures extend the life of the product and reduce the need for water additions.
- Houghto-Draw® WD 4100 compound allows the drawing of copper rod, intermediate, multi-draw and fine wire by varying product concentration. Depending on the origin of the wire, machine design, machine speeds and concentration is chosen. Concentration is determined by refractometer and/or Babcock method. Houghto-Draw WD 4100 is used at 0.5% to 2.0% concentration in the continuous annealing water system and/or quenching system. This avoids oxidation of the wire and promotes easier decoiling from subsequent operations.
- Houghto-Draw® WD 4808 LF wire drawing compound decreases capstan wear and enhances drawing performance while extending solution life. Its formulation reduces foaming tendencies during start-up and while in service. Houghto-Draw WD 4808 LF is used in most wire drawing applications from rod breakdown to intermediate and multi-wire applications with variance in concentration. This water-soluble compound is also used in quench/annealing systems to inhibit oxidation of the wires.
- Houghto-Draw® WD 4810 Water-soluble drawing lubricant uses new technology for copper- and tin-coated copper wire drawing. Additives in Houghto-Draw WD 4810 reduce capstan wear and buildup of fines, and improve drawing performance while extending solution life. Houghto-Draw WD 4810 is used most in wire drawing applications from rod breakdown to intermediate and multi-wire applications with variance in concentration. It contains a new additive that is compatible with tin coatings and enhanced emulsion stability.
- Houghto-Draw® WD 4812 drawing lubricant is a water-soluble copper and aluminum wire drawing compound. Additives in Houghto-Draw WD 4812 reduce capstan wear and improve drawing performance while extending solution life. The formulation of Houghto-Draw WD 4812 provides greater resistance to microbial degradation of the fluid. It is used in most wire drawing applications from rod breakdown to intermediate and multi-wire applications with variance in concentration. The residual film promotes easy decoding in subsequent operations.
- Houghto-Draw® WD 4814 drawing fluid is formulated for medium and fine multi-wire copper wire drawing and drawing rod. Its formulation allows multi-wire machines to operate at high speeds because of its high lubricity and good cleaning properties. It prevents oxidation on both copper wire and on aluminum parts of the machine. Houghto-Draw WD 4814 is emulsifiable in water and is used also to draw copper-coated steel wire, giving excellent brightness and smooth surfaces.
- Wire Draw™ CU-4821 drawing lubricant provides an extremely stable emulsion for copper wire drawing and rolling processes. Its chemistry minimizes the formation of complex soaps or hard water soaps, which destabilize and dirty copper drawing emulsion systems. Wire Draw CU-4821 does not require a “break-in” period and will function immediately upon system charge, because it does not rely upon metallic soaps as an auxiliary lubrication element. Copper, aluminum and hard water ions cannot complex with carboxylic acids to form soaps because of the formulation in Wire Draw CU-4821. The absence of metallic and hard water soaps in the emulsion provides a more consistent lubricating film and a cleaner metal surface.
- Wire Draw™ CU-4848 drawing lubricant provides a very stable emulsion for copper wire drawing and rolling processes. It is used to draw copper-coated steel or copper-coated aluminum wire, resulting in exceptional brightness and smooth surfaces. Its formulation minimizes the development of complex soaps or hard water soaps, which destabilize and dirty the copper drawing emulsion systems. Wire Draw CU-4848 does not require a “break-in” period and will function immediately upon system charge, because it does not rely upon metallic soaps as an auxiliary lubrication element. Copper, aluminum and hard water ions cannot complex with carboxylic acids to form soaps because of the formulation in Wire Draw CU-4848.
- Ensis™ PL 1608 is a rust-preventive pre-lube oil for automotive-grade cold rolled steel sheet and coated strip. The product meets the German VDA 230-201 specification, exhibits excellent drawing properties, and is easily removed with water-based cleaners. The product can also be used as a rust preventive on rolled sheet steel and coated strip to provide corrosion protection during storage and transit.
lubricant consultation and orders at helios lubeoil®